My colleague Casey is managing a project here where needy schools and other institutions here in
Burkina Faso can get computers cheaply from the
US.
To make a long story short, there was an unexpected cost associated with shipping.
The amount that we’re short, $2,500, is how much we need to raise to get the computers.
Casey has generously donated $1,000 from his readjustment allowance (note that our readjustment allowances are only $6,000) and Dave and I are also making a small contribution.
Much like companies that buyback shares, I love that Casey is donating over 16% of his readjustment allowance from Peace Corps – now that’s putting your money where your mouth is!!
I know that times are tough in this economy, but if tomorrow morning you know you’re going to buy a $6 latte, can you instead maybe contribute $5 to this cause by donating
here?
Increasing computer literacy is such a worthy cause!!
Thanks and happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment